KissManga Issues (Likely captcha related)

Run into a problem? Report it here!
MeMyself&Anonymous

KissManga Issues (Likely captcha related)

Post by MeMyself&Anonymous » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:19 am

For the last week, the downloader has failed for me on all attempts to use KissManga.

- It won't add bookmarks
- It won't update existing bookmarks
- It won't add items (new or existing in bookmarks) to the downloads tab

I even tried using the version I had saved just prior to the upgrade, but it had the same issue, suggesting that the problem wasn't caused specifically by the update.

I enabled diagnostics, and I noticed it was getting caught up trying to access the pages by a cloudflare captcha dialog. I tried a couple different things, and the diag log always showed that same captcha page. The thing is, I never received a notice in the UI about captcha (I usually did in the past when downloads failed). I loaded the pages in the browser and, sure enough, I got captcha'd by cloudflare. I answered the captcha, and tried again, but the failure was the same. I found that curious, as answering the captcha via the browser was usually how that got solved when a download failed (though, again, I don't think the prior captchas were via cloudflare in the past). Anyway, I tried answering the captcha in every one of my browsers (Chrome, FF, IE, Edge), but the diagnostics show that Kiss's search is still getting stuck on the captcha.

Please help.

EmperorWSA

Re: KissManga Issues (Likely captcha related)

Post by EmperorWSA » Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:00 am

Yea I have been getting constant Cloudflare issues with KissManga.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

A lot of users have been experiencing this lately; you're right that it's related to the captcha page. It seems that KissManga has things configured such that it's really easy to trigger. At the moment, I'm not entirely sure what sets it off (it might be worth experimenting with the timing settings to see if slowing down the rate of download helps, as it has helped in the past).

If the problem persists, I'm thinking about adding a dialog to HDoujin Downloader so that the captcha can be solved through the program. Right now, it's an annoying barrier. I'll need to do some research; it's tricky working with Google's Recaptcha 2/3 in this sort of setting.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

LeslieH1

Post by LeslieH1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:40 am

Edit: I have attempted to test using HDD on Kissmanga using 19 different computers in 17 different physical locations spread across thousands of kilometers on four complete different service providers plus the VPN, and I get the same outcome - Cloudflare blocks it. Is anyone actually having success in HDoujin Downloader being able to download from Kissmanga, and if so, what is your country?

-----

MeMyself&Anonymous, I am having a similar issue. I bought (well, licensed) a VPN program (Express VPN), and it won't help me check for manga updates on KissManga, I tried to do it from my work computer at, well, work, and it did the same thing. Firefox on my computer here allows me to access it, but the moment I bring HDD into the mix, all I get are complaints from Windows about my connection to Kissmanga being blocked by Cloudflare's DDOS Protection page, and this has been going on for two days now.

What's ever weirder is that I'm not even getting the Captcha page, and am getting directly into the manga (other than the browser windows opening to sketchy(ier) pages). I've attempted to copy the __cfduid and cf_clearance cookies from Firefox to HDD, but to no avail.

It just pauses while it tries to access the requested page, then I get the W10 popup telling me I was blocked, VPN active or not.

I dunno. I'm just trying to wait it out while I slowly change the links for each manga in my bookmarks from Kissmanga to a different one, like Mangadex.

putin238

Post by putin238 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:16 pm

Cloudflare is really annoying in this regard. I moved to kissmanga before, because the site i was using before made it unbearable to use because of cloudflare. Maybe its time to switch again, but i will wait some more (lazy). Does anyone have a recommendation what site is reliable? I read mostly seinen.

Many thanks to Squidy for the work ethics, really outstanding. <3 :hdoujin: <3

korn7809

Post by korn7809 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:06 pm

I seems to be having an additional problem possibly related to KissManga. It does take forever to get through each of the bookmarks for KM. It also seems to be causing the program to lock up. Happens within a minute of the bookmark checking. If I stop it then the program will run fine.

LeslieH1

Post by LeslieH1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:45 pm

Yeah, I've been slowly converting all of my links AWAY from Kissmanga, but it is slow going. I started yesterday, and am trying to do three pages at a time, which is about 141 bookmarks a day. The worst part is that Kissmanga (regardless of its skeezy links, popups and general shenanigans) has simply the best list of the day's newest chapters, and of the newest mangas, manhwas, etc. I have started by visiting KM, then shifting over to other sites, and bookmarking them on HDD from there, but I confess to having an addiction to mangas, animes, and thanks to the scraper sites, now the korean manhwas, and I use HDD to check for the currently 1,613 active mangas and manhwas that I am enjoying, and a painful majority of them are bookmarked on, you guessed it...

korn7809, the reason that it takes forever for the bookmark check is that Cloudflare is accusing you of being a shady DDoSer, and it is failing you from being able to get to KM. You will find that, for example, Mangadex bookmarks will go quite quickly. The program is *probably* (really, I'm not on your computer - how would I know? :) ) not locking up, just waiting for each Cloudflare failure to register.

putin238, like I mentioned, I have a number of bookmarks at MangaDex, there are more than a few at mangakakalot, and I am also attempting to bookmark at the original scanlators when I can. If you have a particular manga or manhwa that you enjoy, it's often worth it to see if you can bookmark them at the source. In addition, if, for example, a site went legit like Manga Rock is doing (I'm fine with this - if there was a good, reasonably priced paysite that at least some of the money gets back to the authors, I think that's worth spending on), or perhaps the site that your bookmark points to goes down, you don't lose all those bookmarks, and have to update them once you find them again.

And yes, thank you Squidy for all your work. I like HDoujin Downloader more than I like pretty much any program.

putin238

Post by putin238 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:22 pm

LeslieH1 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:45 pm
.. I use HDD to check for the currently 1,613 active mangas and manhwas that I am enjoying, and a painful majority of them are bookmarked on, you guessed it...
Thats quite excessive! You really like mangas :twisted:

LeslieH1

Post by LeslieH1 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:15 am

You're sure right on that score. Even worse is that I am finding even more mangas as I switch to other sources for them. Enter a couple words instead of the whole name, and it often gives choices, I read the synopsis, and "Hmm... I should give this one a try," or "I didn't know there was a 4-koma of this series,"... That sort of thing.

I confess that I am hoping that the DDoS thing from CloudFlare sorts itself out though. I can only imagine what kinda havok this is going to wreak on my reading schedule, if finding alternate sources takes too long. It's been a week now, and that's gonna be a LOT of chapters already, and I'm only 25% through the bookmarks. lol

korn7809

Post by korn7809 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:10 am

I changed around 600 I had on Kiss to Dex (a few on others). Only took a few hours but still very annoying.