Update news??

Ask questions and have them answered!
StormJumper

Update news??

Post by StormJumper » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:24 pm

I know this alot of asking but since LH URL changed and MangaNelo blocking downloads some of us might have to go back to another downloader so we can at least get mangas series to download. So could Squidy tell us when we might get a update to LH url change and MangaNelo blocks? This isn't to say current HDD is bad it's that with those two changes are affecting alot of what I like to read.

So Please, Squidy could you tell us the current situation going forward?

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Update news??

Post by Squidy » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:14 am

It's a reasonable question.

I'm working hard to flesh out the new external module system from the last update and moving sites over to it. It's taking longer than I anticipated, but progress is being made. I'm doing my best to get the next update out before the end of this week. I think this is a reasonable goal, but I'll post another update here if the situation changes.

These sites will definitely be part of the update; I'll make sure of it.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:27 pm

Ok, good to know I know programming and revising isn't easy. Trust me I tried and took Computer Science class and that wasn't like learning the ABC's. I only ask to know were not forgotten and to post updates to broken sites and sites that moved but also blocked HDD access.

Thankyou for doing the HardLifting. And if you need Patreon donation online for the job your doing just tells us and most will give through PayPal or something assuming they don't block the donors account from helping as well. I seen this happen and not happy when PayPal does this. Even if they give from time to time this will help you the Developer to keep going. So if that is needed ask and those willing will do their part as well. If this is something to consider.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 am

Don't worry, I definitely have no intent of abandoning the project any time soon.

Even more than the programming itself, the design of certain features often leaves me stumped. Particularly, in the case of the external module system, I want the Lua API to be as easy-to-use and straightforward as possible (certainly more so than some other projects I've looked at...). What really brings on the pressure is the fact that once people start creating their own custom modules, it limits the changes I can make in the future without breaking them. Therefore, it's really important that things are perfect from the get-go. For the average user, this probably isn't a terribly important feature, but I think it matters a lot for the longevity of the software. I want the software to continue being useful even after I'm long dead, and this is an important step in that direction.

I'm not quite ready to release an update just yet, especially after some delays over the weekend, but I'm still actively working on it. I am currently leaning towards having something out by midweek.

I really appreciate your understanding and support-- It's certainly more kindness than I deserve. I'm going to keep doing my best.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Thanks great that would help those with programming background to experiment and addon to the project and for those like me whom are rusty and worse lost my programming ability from long ago to get a look at what is happening.

But thanks for keeping up and not leaving those users. I know there are others readers doing this but none have gone so far as to make a Reader module for paid version. That is why I like this one better it formats so I don't have to use the archaic windows viewer to read. That is the worse to use to read manga downloaded.

What is frustrating is worse some sites don't up-keep their sites and have broken uploads or you can't view the uploads even when just going there and not use HDD. I seen LH and now some Mangakakalot where they either remove manga or just don't make sure they uploaded completed manga so readers can read them.

Squidy
Site Admin

Post by Squidy » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:35 am

Thanks great that would help those with programming background to experiment and addon to the project and for those like me whom are rusty and worse lost my programming ability from long ago to get a look at what is happening.
Exactly! I'm also improving the logging features significantly, so when something isn't working, it'll be easier for people to check it out and see why.
But thanks for keeping up and not leaving those users. I know there are others readers doing this but none have gone so far as to make a Reader module for paid version. That is why I like this one better it formats so I don't have to use the archaic windows viewer to read. That is the worse to use to read manga downloaded.
Interesting-- Honestly, I hadn't been considering the extra programs a major selling point, and haven't been giving them nearly as much attention as HDoujin Downloader itself. Knowing that it's been helpful to you is good to know; I'm going to make an attempt to prioritize some improvements I've been wanting to make to the reader.

Anyway, I can now guarantee that will be an update this week. I've been making major progress since the last update I left here, and I'm very pleased with how things have gone. Among other sites, as promised, LH and Manganelo are both updated and will be working again in the next release.

StormJumper

Post by StormJumper » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm

Well here hoping for the best and updates will keep working for the rest those of us whom continue to use HDD.

Thankyou.