NHentai File Path Too Long

Ask questions and have them answered!
EmperorWSA

NHentai File Path Too Long

Post by EmperorWSA » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:39 am

I have never had this problem in the past, at least that I have noticed. I have the 255 length option selected, but I have been getting a LOT of errors trying to download due to the file length. I prefer to have it set to a full title for the directory,the site name, and then each file inside would be the full name with the page number after. In the past if there was a length issue, it seemed to still do the full title for the directory and then the pages would have a truncated title and the page number. Now this doesnt seem to work. I did go into site specific options and remove the site name from the folder...I have this for manga where I end up getting the same title from 2 different sites...This would cause the directory to be truncated and the page names to be the full title. Do I have something setup wrong, or is there a way to fix this?

Before I posted this I did some more messing around with some of the titles that were throwing errors. I reset nhentai back to the default. There were a few titles that if I removed 3 characters from the title, it would create and download. I got the <full title>\nhentai\<truncated title page_00>....So I dont know what is going on. In that case it is doing what it usually does. Any titles that are a few characters over this, and it doesnt even try to shorten it. The only difference between it truncating and just giving an error is a few characters it seems.

Edit:
Ok I think I have found the issue. The way Nhentai handles the original title and the translated title. It seems to separate this by " | ". I tried removing that on a few titles, and it would work. It would truncate the pages not the directory just fine removing those 3 characters. I added a find and replace rule to replace " | " with "_" and they dont seem to error out unless it is really long. The program must just give up trying to truncate the full %TITLE% with however they changed their formatting. If anyone has any better ideas please let me know. Oh and I dont have the box checked under site specific options to use the full titles. There are 2 listings one for pretty titles and full titles, and I have both of those unchecked.

StormJumper

Re: NHentai File Path Too Long

Post by StormJumper » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:43 pm

I do this only the folder gets the name and in that it creates only folder aka folder 1...folder 2...and so on. This would mean only the main folder has the name and subfolder are just folders listed as 1.2.3.4...and so on. That to me helped finding and reading without issues.