Webtoon merging without page lines

Ask questions and have them answered!
korn7809

Webtoon merging without page lines

Post by korn7809 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Is there a PDF reader that doesnt show lines between pages? Either that or is it possible to add a convertion option to merge files (webtoons) into a single picture not a PDF?

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Webtoon merging without page lines

Post by Squidy » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:01 pm

I can definitely understand how PDF conversion can produce subpar results when downloading webtoons where the images are broken up into little pieces.

I think it's a cool idea to have an option to merge the individual images to make them easier to read. I've got a few ideas for how I'd go about making this happen, but there could be better or worse ways of doing it depending on the site. If you let me know what site you're downloading from, I'll see what I can do to provide an optimal solution.
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

korn7809

Post by korn7809 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:27 am

mangadex.org and manhwa18.com are the main two sites for my long strip ones.

Phoenix9153

Post by Phoenix9153 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:21 am

I usually just download pages so they're standardized 2 or 3 digit numbers (00.jpg, 01.jpg, etc) and then display them in chrome browser with a html file that displays them as a seamless strip. Works for me, page breaks, no slow loading in whatever pdf viewer, can easily adjust the viewing size with [ctrl+/-]. Only thing is that the html file has to be copied/moved into each chapter folder that you want to read, but that's a minor annoyance.

Pretty simple and easy to put the html viewer file together but I can post it up somewhere if anyone wants it.