Automatic conversion to pdf not working even with itextsharp.dll

Run into a problem? Report it here!
Phoenix9153

Automatic conversion to pdf not working even with itextsharp.dll

Post by Phoenix9153 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:25 pm

I've read the FAQ about converting to pdf but the pdf conversion option is still greyed out for me. I've been using the program with the zip archive from the very beginning and itextsharp.dll is in the folder. Is there a solution to this problem? I'm using the program on mac through wine, not sure if that is why?

I've found that I can actually convert downloads into pdf from the downloads page via [right click > Convert Files to > PDF] but the automatic conversion option is, as I said, greyed out and hence I'm unable to convert existing files to PDF (because that uses the default conversion format as its setting.. unless there's another way to change the format it converts to without using default settings?). I'm really after the convert existing files to PDF function so if there's a way to do it without using the default conversion setting, I'm fine with the automatic pdf conversion option being greyed out.

Squidy
Site Admin

Re: Automatic conversion to pdf not working even with itextsharp.dll

Post by Squidy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:48 am

Phoenix9153 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:25 pm
I'm using the program on mac through wine, not sure if that is why?
It might be. I haven't personally tested HDoujin Downloader on macOS, but I haven't heard anything about this from people who have. It makes me wonder if something's going wrong when it's loading your configuration file, as this is also when the option is enabled if itextsharp.dll is present in the same directory as HDoujin Downloader.

Try going to "Help > Enable Diagnostics", and then restart the program. You'll get a folder titled "log" in the same directory as the program, with a file titled "debug.log" inside. Send me this file, and I'll check it out (make sure you're using the latest version when you do this, which, at the time of typing, is Release 311).
Phoenix9153 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:25 pm
a way to do it without using the default conversion setting
You could enable it manually by opening up your configuration file (config.ini) in a text editor, and setting SaveFormat to PDF:

Code: Select all

[Conversion]
SaveFormat=PDF
I'm the admin and developer of HDoujin Downloader.

Phoenix9153

Re: Automatic conversion to pdf not working even with itextsharp.dll

Post by Phoenix9153 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Enable Diagnostics also doesn't appear to generate a log folder and file for me (restarted, using latest version, i figure its another wine thing?), but I tried manually setting the saveformat to PDF and it un-greyed out the pdf option on the automatic conversion tab :D

Thanks for all the help! Really appreciate the work you do here :)